Association Captives from Caitlin Morgan
An Association Captive insurance company is owned by members of a common industry or trade association, and is designed to insure the risks of that industry among its members. Participation is limited to members of the association. It’s similar to a group captive except that it’s sponsored or owned by a group of entities within a particular organization with common insurance needs and similar exposures.
Our professionals at Caitlin Morgan Insurance Services can assist members of an association in determining whether a captive solution is right.
Why An Association Captive?
- Allows associations to tailor insurance protection where members need it most
- Provides access to increased coverage and capacity
- Allows for greater underwriting flexibility
- Gain direct access to wholesale reinsurance markets
- Increased risk control and more cost-effective administration to help lower premium costs
- Ability to earn underwriting income as well as investment income on the reserves held to pay for future losses
- Favorable tax benefits
In addition, in offering captive services, associations can attract new members and boost their non-dues income.
Knowing how to begin to set up an Association Captive is critical. The association needs a competent and trustworthy consultant and service provider, guidance in determining the feasibility of a captive, the ability to raise the needed capital, and assistance in designing and implementing the captive. Trust the experienced professionals at Caitlin Morgan to help your association insureds evaluate whether a captive solution is appropriate for them.
We invite you to learn more about us and how we can help you expand your business.
Contact the experts at Caitlin-Morgan today and experience the benefits of working with a new kind of MGU and wholesale brokerage. For more information, call 317-575-4440 or complete the contact form on this page.