Caitlin Morgan: Midwest Insurance Group Risk Retention Group
Caitlin Morgan Insurance Services manages the risk retention group, Midwest Insurance Group, Inc., which is owned by its member companies. The group was formed in Indiana to provide the healthcare industry – assisted living, residential communities and nursing homes – with an alternative to rising Professional and Medical Malpractice Liability costs. Members of Midwest Insurance Group gain the benefits of stable pricing due to Indiana’s favorable regulatory environment.
The group participates in Indiana’s Patient Compensation Fund (PCF), which has a statutory cap on Professional Liability limits and eliminates the possibility of huge dollar verdicts. Midwest provides $250,000 in Professional Liability limits with the state taking on the next $1 million of any one claim. The statutory cap is $1.25 million.
- Limits are provided per location
- Defense costs outside limits
- A heavy risk management emphasis and philosophy
- Midwest is reinsured by Lloyd’s of London
- New states are considered based on volume, economy of scale and the existing legal environment
- Claims made and occurrence forms both available
We invite you to learn more about us and how we can help you expand your business.
Contact the experts at Caitlin-Morgan today and experience the benefits of working with a new kind of MGU and wholesale brokerage. For more information, call 317-575-4440 or complete the contact form on this page.