Agency Captives from Caitlin Morgan
At Caitlin Morgan Insurance Services, we have the depth of experience and expertise to provide risk-sharing alternatives such as Agency Captives. Agency Captives are principally created to reinsure the risk of their clients. They can be excellent platforms for a risk class where there is a demand for coverage but no insurer to create new products or replace coverage from carriers who have left the class of business. There is an opportunity here to create profits and spur top-line growth.
How An Agency Captive Works
An Agency Captive will usually require a fronting carrier and perhaps a reinsurer, which will share in the risk with the Agency Captive insuring the policyholder. In exchange for the captive assuming some level of risk, it can be rewarded with a share of the underwriting profits as well as retaining any investment income made by the captive.
- Homogeneous book of business, such as a program book of business
- Heterogeneous, where several classes of business are included but only one to two lines are underwritten, such as Workers’ Compensation
- Historically low loss ratio
- Wide range of account size acceptability
- Broad class appetite, including higher-hazard businesses that require specialized underwriting
A carrier partner will look for an agency that has a high level of underwriting expertise in risk class and claims management expertise (or the access to it) as well as the operational efficiency to reduce claims costs.
We invite you to learn more about us and how we can help you expand your business.
Contact the experts at Caitlin-Morgan today and experience the benefits of working with a new kind of MGU and wholesale brokerage. For more information, call 317-575-4440 or complete the contact form on this page.