Insurance for Independent Living Facilities from Caitlin Morgan
Independent living is typically any housing arrangement designed exclusively for seniors. Housing can vary from apartment-style living to freestanding homes, and is typically friendlier to older adults, with easier navigation and no maintenance or yard work to worry about. While residents live independently, most communities offer amenities, activities and services. Recreational centers or clubhouses are often available on site to give seniors the opportunity to connect with peers and participate in community activities. Adults who choose to live in independent living facilities or communities need little or no assistance with activities of daily living, therefore most do not offer medical care or nursing staff.
At Caitlin Morgan Insurance Services, we provide a comprehensive and competitive insurance program for independent living facilities. As a wholesale brokerage, we tap into our longstanding relationships to develop a broad program that is tailored to independent living facilities and the exposures they face.
We write all types of independent living facilities, including retirement communities, retirement homes, active adult communities, senior apartments or senior housing, and continuing care retirement communities.
- Professional and General Liability Insurance
- Excess Liability Insurance (high limits available)
- Property Coverage for buildings, personal property and Business Interruption Insurance
- Automobile Insurance (including private passenger and transport vans)
- Boiler & Machinery Insurance
- Crime Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Directors & Officers Liability Insurance (including Employment Practices Liability Insurance)
- Violation of Resident’s Rights
- No Exclusion for Physical & Sexual Abuse
- Protection for Medical Directors while acting within the scope of their administrative duties
- Facility Barbers & Beauticians Coverage
- Minimum Premium $15,000
Cyber Liability insurance is also available.
We invite you to learn more about our programs.
Our senor living insurance experts can help you put together a plan with just the right coverages at a cost in line with your client’s budget. Give us a call at 317-575-4440, email us, or fill out the form on this page and we’ll contact you immediately.